Update May 25, 2018
Protect your privacy
Information we collect and how we collect it.
We collect and maintain personal information about you from many sources to understand and meet your needs, facilitate your travel, manage our business, and for other purposes disclosed to you. For example, we collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you voluntarily provide us with information
- Your transactions with us.
- Other third party sources, such as travel agents, airlines and travel service providers, telecommunication companies (e.g., transportation or tour operators, telephone service carriers).
If the information is to be collected directly from you, you may in some cases have the option to decline providing that information. However, your choice to not provide information may impact your use of certain features or services.
The personal information we collect about you through these various sources may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, addresses and telephone numbers
- Date of birth and gender
- Email addresses and fax numbers
- Credit/debit card number(s), including associated billing address(es) and expiration date(s)
- Information required to facilitate travel or other services, including travel companion(s) names, emergency contacts, photographs and signature
- Information about your travel, including booking and itinerary information, requests for assistance, interactions with staff and dietary restrictions
- Details of your previous travel and travel-related issues
- Driver’s license number, issuing country and expiring date
- Passport number, nationality and country of residence
- Technical information such as your browser type, IP address, type of operating system you use, your geolocation, the name of your internet service provider, mobile advertising identifiers, and pages visited on our Services
- Information provided via survey, focus group or other marketing research efforts
- When you send us an email or online customer service request, we will retain the content of the message, your email address or any contact information you provide, and our response in order to handle any follow-up questions you may have. We also use this information to measure how effectively we address your concerns.
We create a record for each booking. When you book travel on itravelnetwork.net, we will collect and store information about your transaction, including whether you booked your flight on itravelnetwork.net or through another sales channel (such as a travel agency). itravelnetwork.net will also collect and store information about changes to your booking, including a cancellation.
If you book travel for someone else, we may collect your billing information but may communicate with the traveler directly about their booking.
If your booking includes emergency contact information, we may share personal information with your emergency contact or attempt to collect information about you from your emergency contact, as appropriate based on the nature of the emergency.
In the event of a service delay, cancellation, or other disruption, we may use the contact information provided in your booking to notify you, and the individuals traveling on the same booking, about the disruption.
Sensitive personal information
To the extent that the personal information we collect constitutes sensitive personal information under applicable law, including where such laws promote a substantial public interest, we will collect and process this sensitive personal information within the limits provided by applicable law. Where required by law, we will seek your specific consent before processing sensitive personal information.
Some examples of this type of information include:
- You have provided medical information to us while requesting specific assistance (such as the provision of wheelchair assistance) from us and/or an airport operator
- You have sought clearance from us to fly with a medical condition or device
- You have otherwise chosen to provide such information to us or it has been passed onto us by a third party such as the travel agent through which you made your booking.
In addition, you may have requested services (such as a meal preference or a request for wheelchair assistance) which is not “sensitive personal information” but may imply or suggest your religion, health or other information. We does not use such data to infer sensitive personal information about you.
Due to the nature of our Services, we may collect travel information, which may include personal information, about children when it is required to comply with the law, including federal aviation or security regulations, or as otherwise required to provide transportation and accommodation needs and services. We may retain personal information when required to provide transportation and related services to a child. We does not knowingly collect personal information directly from children – persons under the age of 13, or another age if required by applicable law – other than when required to comply with the law or for safety and security reasons.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child who has provided personal information without your knowledge and consent, you may request we remove this child’s information by emailing email@example.com
Automatic collected information
When you use our Services, we may receive technical information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, your geolocation, the name of your internet service provider, mobile advertising identifiers, and pages visited on our Services. We get this information by using technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and mobile device geolocation to provide and improve our Services and advertising, including across browsers and devices (also known as cross-device linking). We also use this information to verify that visitors meet the criteria required to process their requests and for reporting activity on our Services. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on our Services or which pages or features get the most attention. This technical information may be combined with information that is personally identifiable in order to personalize our Services and advertising to your interests, including across browsers and devices. For example, if you spend time reviewing a particular flight or destination but do not complete a travel reservation, we may use this information to show you targeted advertising about similar flights or destinations on our Services or on third-party websites. Some of this information may be shared with third parties, as described below under “Information collected by third parties on our Services.”
Additionally, and with your specific consent where required by law, We may combine the information we receive from you with information collected from other sources. This information may be used to provide offers and/or services specifically tailored to your interests in accordance with applicable laws.
Cookies on our services
More info https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Our Services also occasionally use "local shared objects" (also known as "Flash cookies"). Like browser cookies, Flash cookies may be used for coordinating content delivery, website functionality, maintaining preferences, advertising, or analytics. Unlike browser cookies, "Flash cookies" are not stored in the browser. You may be able to manage these Flash cookies by visiting the Adobe website.
More info http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html
There are four types of cookies used on our Services:
How your information will be used on Our Services
- Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use our Services. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services. Without these cookies, services such as shopping activity and paying activity cannot be provided. These cookies also help keep our Services safe and secure.
- Preference cookies – These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, itravelnetwork.net login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices you've previously made (such as a saved country / language preference) or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information (such as saved reservation preferences). These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use our Services such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
- Content / advertising cookies – These cookies gather information about your use of our Services so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys. They remember that you've visited our Services and help us understand usage of our Services. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our Services (as described below under “Information collected by third parties on our Services”) in order to provide advertising (on our Services and elsewhere) based on users’ online activities (so-called "interest-based advertising") on our Services and elsewhere online. The third parties involved in interest-based advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g., websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our Services to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
We use personal information to complete transactions and fulfill requests for our products and services. For example, we ask that you provide personal information when making a reservation to purchase products related and services through a travel agent or the itravelnetwork.net website.
Administrative, marketing, analytical purposes
In addition to processing, confirming and fulfilling the travel or other services or products you request, We may use personal information for administrative, analytical, and marketing purposes such as employee training, information systems management, accounting, billing and audits, credit card processing and verification, customer-relations correspondence.
We also uses personal information to identify, develop and market products and services that we believe you will value, including across browsers and devices, in accordance with applicable laws. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you communications for marketing purposes. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
Data security and integrity
- Business purposes and communication: To provide flight, accommodation, car rental and transfer services or information you requested, to communicate with you for business or customer service reasons, or for other such reasons such as changes to our policies or in response to your inquiry
- Financials transaction management: To facilitate payment for services or provide refunds
- Legal and regulatory obligations: To comply with legal, regulatory, or fiscal obligations, or in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit
- Tailored web experience: To personalize your advertising experience when visiting our sites, and to manage details about your accounts, when security updates are available, or when an action is required to keep the account active
- Improve our operations: To improve our route and service offerings as an airline operator, including reviewing our travel destinations, fare classes and operations more generally
- Marketing and analytics: To perform data analyses and other processing for marketing purposes
- Site maintenance: To improve content, functionality, and usability of our sites and to offer opportunities to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us
- Third party requests: To respond to and comply with outside requests initiated by you, as well as in response to legal requests
- Audit and controls: To evaluate internal controls and audits for compliance.
We take reasonable measures to protect the personal information you provide to us. Here are some things you can do to keep your information secure.
Keep your itravelnetwork.net account number and login information confidential:
To make sure your access to our websites, other online services, and mobile applications is secure; you should not share your log in details with anyone else. You should always log out of the website, online services or mobile app after each use if others have access to your computer or device, especially if you are using a publicly accessible computer such as at library or internet café.
Keep your record locator confidential:
When you make a reservation, you will be provided with a 6-character record locator, known as a Travel Plan. This will appear in the confirmation email. You should keep your record locator confidential, as giving it to others may allow them to access your booking details through our systems. If you are travelling with other people and do not wish them to have access to your booking details, you should have each person make their own booking by creating their own account
We uses reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, both during transmission and once we receive it. We also maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current. When your personal information is shared, we will take a reasonable approach to prevent the unauthorized use of personal information.
Data retention policy
Your personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, considering criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations, legal requirements and the duration of your use of our website and receipt of our Services.
With whom your information will be used
For instance, we may disclose or share information about you to:
- third parties to distribute promotions, sweepstakes, marketing surveys and messages, focus groups, interviews and other opportunities offered by us;
- third parties who have arranged for discounts, pre-paid travel or other services on your behalf, such as employers;
- other operators in order to fulfill your booking requests related to your flights, accommodation, car rental and transfers
- companies associated with the travel industry in order to fulfill your booking requests relating to vacation packages or other travel services booked using our services;
- third-party vendors that assist We with respect to reservations, ticketing, baggage, boarding, and flight check-in technology functions; receive and respond to customer complaints or enquiries
In addition, from time to time, we may share information with certain third party companies with which we have a business relationship, including Frequent Traveler Program . These companies may send you offers based on the information you have provided us. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sharing your personal information with such third parties for marketing purposes. Also, as described below, you can opt out of having your information shared with third parties for those parties' direct marketing purposes by emailing us at Email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event we undergo a business transition involving another company, such as a merger, corporate reorganization, acquisition, the lease or sale of all or a portion of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy, information that we have collected from or about you or your devices may be disclosed to such other entity as part of the due diligence or business integration process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets.
Please note that the laws and regulations of several countries, including without limitation, the requirements imposed under the Transportation Security Administration Secure Flight program, require us to provide foreign and domestic government agencies with access to the personal information you disclose to us and data that we have about you and your travel plans, history, or status, including both before and after a flight arrives. For example, American and other airlines comply with legal obligations in the United States (U.S.), United Kingdom (UK) and other countries to provide border control agencies and customs authorities with access to booking and travel data when you fly to and from such countries, including stopover or layover destinations or countries that you may overfly en route to your destination. We do not have control or knowledge of the storage and use of that data after it has been delivered to the respective government entity. Further, to the extent required by law, we may disclose personal information to government authorities, or to third parties pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process, and we may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to protect the rights or property of our customers, our services, or its users.
Learn more about the Secure Flight program http://www.tsa.gov/stakeholders/secure-flight-program
Obtaining and handling your consent
Application of local laws
Where required by local law, you may have the right to access, request a copy of, update, transfer or port, restrict the processing of, or request that we delete your personal information. You may also have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. To exercise these rights please email us at email@example.com. When we receive a request to exercise one of these rights, we will indicate what personal information we require from you to validate your identity. We will also provide information on the action we intend to take on the request without undue delay and no later than 30 days from receipt of the request where required by local law. This time may be extended by an additional two months in certain circumstances, for example, where requests are complex or onerous. Please note, these requests are subject to applicable legal, ethical reporting, or document retention obligations imposed on us.
When you provide us with your information, you acknowledge that this information may be stored, transferred, and processed on servers located anywhere in the World, including either inside or outside of the U.S. or the European Union