Central Cuba, full of natural attractions, along with traditional sun and beach options, is housed in a space marked by the legend and history that each year attracts thousands of visitors.
In this environment highlights the province of Villa Clara and its capital Santa Clara, with 327 years of experience that make it a city full of monuments and ancient buildings.
Despite anecdotes about the origin of the city, its emergence was linked to interests of an economic nature, which led to new settlements in July 1689 in the flock of Ciego de Santa Clara, belonging at that time to Antonio Diaz y de Pavia.
As in most of the towns of the island, in Santa Clara development was centered in the Plaza de Armas, also called later -among other labels- El Recreo Park, until the final name of Leoncio Vidal Park.
A reference site for the inhabitants of the city and its visitors, around its most relevant properties are the Library José Martí, which served as a tribune in 1899 to General Maximo Gomez while passing through the territory.
Declared National Monument in the late 90s, it said area also hosts important monumental works that recall events of the struggle for the independence of the island for over a century.
Also in the architectural context of the square stands the Santa Clara Libre hotel, opened in 1956 to later become the highest building of Santa Clara, as a kind of viewpoint that allows contemplating it in its entire splendor.
The hotel also provides guidance to vacationers arriving in the capital of the province.
Since 1885 the city has the services of Teatro La Caridad, built in the space occupied by the Ermita de la Candelaria; first temple of the Villa and which had been built in 1696 by Father Juan de Conyedo.
In the South of the city is the Cubanacán Protected Area, a natural paradise and refuge for amphibians, reptiles, mammals and birds, including 10 species that make up the list of endemic groups in the country.
The city´s offer is complemented by the Menjunje, cultural space with a rustic bar, traditional Cuban music, theater, children's shows and exhibitions of artists, which focuses the attention of intellectuals and artists from all over the country.
In addition, a modern Boulevard, with its characteristic and constant flow of residents and visitors, is another contribution to Santa Clara, besides the Memorial dedicated to the figure of Ernesto Che Guevara, known as Che Guevara, which stands in the Plaza of the same name.
Also, the rest of the province's tourist infrastructure include hunting and artificial water reservoirs for fishing for trout, in addition to the extension of the activity to the Keys, connected to the mainland by a road of about 50 kilometers built above the sea.