The tourist destination in King’s Garden (Jardines del Rey), space located in the north of the province of Ciego de Avila, sustains its attractions in the whole of islets that comprise it, each one of them with unique elements that are erected in treasures for leisure. In this range the main is Cayo Coco, fourth of the archipelago in regard to extension, it has an area of 370 square kilometers and the additional attraction: 22 kilometers of excellent beaches, complemented with a mangrove vegetation and coconut trees. ,
For lovers of the marine environment and a refreshing bath of sea are enabled the beaches called Las Coloradas, La Jaula and Los Flamencos with dive centers comparable to a huge aquarium.,
According to the legend, the origin of the name of the islet is in the presence of well-known bird like White Ibis and popularly called Coco bird. Additionally, the islet welcomes two hundred species of animals, among which stand out the birds and reptiles such as the iguanas and more than 360 plants, several of them endemic. ,
It also offers first-class hotels, artificial lakes, swimming pools and all the offers of entertainment, animation and possible services in an environment barely altered by human presence, to ensure you an unforgettable stay. In its extreme northwest this the Natural Park El Bagá, of a thematic nature and where you can find a well preserved natural environment and the representation of the most important stages of the formation of the Cuban national identity. The main theme of the park develops around the tree of el Bagá, low plant height, from family of the Anonáceas that grows in flood-prone areas and humid with an edible fruit and which are attributed to medicinal properties. ,
The scope of the visitors are the nautical rides in aboriginal canoes for a channeled covered by red mangrove, joined to the observation of iguanas (large lizard native to Central and South America) , hutias (a cavy-like rodent), trachemysis (a genus of turtles native to the Americas), crocodiles, fish and chelonians. ,
The islet is joined to the island of Cuba by means of an artificial way, called “pedraplén” (Road made of stones), about 17 kilometers long, in addition to having an international airport to facilitate access for the visitors. ,
Among the proposals close to know this the city of Morón, founded in 1543, and also known as Gallo`s city, in allusion to the symbol of the inhabitants of the place and based on a legend that dates back to the colonial era, converted into a special attraction for tourism. Moron account also with a Catholic church, the oldest constructive relic that is still standing and is the only one in the country that has a crenellated tower and embrasures in its walls. ,
Precisely in a field located in front of the church took place in 1851 the first bullfight, executed by experts bullfighters who came from Spain. Between the historical peculiarities of the city is the movement of the first newspaper in 1855 under the name of "The Lighthouse of Moron", directed by Francisco Fernandez, at the same time runs through the streets of the city the first gill nets shall.