The province of Pinar del Rio, the most western of Cuba, gathers in its geography the conditions necessary to boost tourism, with emphasis on programs of nature that go from hiking to the spas of medicinal waters. The footprint of the first settlers of Cuba is located in the Guanahacabibes Peninsula, the western end of the island, and named by the tribes that once settled in this area, today converted into a reserve of the biosphere and safe haven for the most varied species of animals.
While, in the main city of the territory is located The Hotel Pinar del Rio, with more than 130 rooms equipped with all the necessary facilities for a pleasant stay, in addition to providing access to a wide network of museums, among other attractions. Buildings of past centuries are still erect, majestic, in their positions of the provincial capital, as are the cases of the cathedral, built in 1883, or the Theater José Jacinto Milanés, cultural center that dates from 1838 and built entirely of wood.
From the establishment there is easy access to natural sites of singular beauty, among them the Las Vegas of province - dedicated to the cultivation of aromatic sheet -, as well as the liqueur factory Guayabita del Pinar. The birth of this beverage dates back to the nineteenth century, prepared with a wild fruit that is found only in this territory and processed to give rise to two variants: dry and sweet.
In addition, the largest of the island cavernarias formations are located in the province, where in places like the Sierra of the organs are caves that cross the hummocks from side to side. The cavities of the mountainous formation contain important deposits of wealth from the point of view paleontological, with fossils of extinct pleistocénica fauna, some of them unique. Many of these caves are of fluvial origin, with overlapping paths that are systems truly impressive, as is the case of the so-called Santo Tomas, the largest of the island to count with some 45 kilometers of galleries explored. Among the leaders of the underground world of the island are located in the territory of the province other two colossi: groups Palmarito-Novillo (with 42 kilometers of extension) and Majagua-Canteras (35 kilometers).
Also, in the Valley of Viñales, vacationers is faced with the Indian Cave, rediscovered toward 1920 and famous for the discovery of human remains and objects of the former inhabitants of the territory, in addition to being an option for the excursions on the river that crosses it to appreciate the rock formations of its interior.
Closer to the capital, Soroa - also known as the rainbow of Cuba - presents a single image with a beautiful waterfall of 22 meters of height that constitutes an invitation to refresh at any time of year. The most famous attraction of this site is in the orchidarium, point forced to all the tourists that visit the province, with a few thousand 800 species of these flowers from all parts of the world.